Thursday, April 23, 2009

Smoking in the Lobby



In North Carolina, for now, smoking is still permitted in restaurants. However, just because smoking is allowed in the restaurant, doesn't mean that customers should smoke in the lobby. It is very inconsiderate of smoking customers to walk through or stand in a restaurant lobby with a lit cigarette. If there is a specified smoking section, please remain in that section with your cigarette or go out side if you are having to wait to be taken to your table.

I am not a smoker, so I do not claim to know that strength of nicotine. However, I have friends who are smokers and I have learned that if it is socially inappropriate to light up a cigarette, their sense of social responsibility outweighed their need for nicotine.

So, if you are a smoker, please consider the people around you. Just walking through the lobby on your way out the door from the bar can be very unpleasant for the people around you, especially when the smoke lingers. On a personal note, I am a hostess, and I have to hold my breath when I seat people in the smoking section because I am allergic to cigarette smoke. Therefore, when a customer walks through, it is very difficult for me to catch my breath and seat the next customer.
So, if you are a smoker, please consider the people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment